GRANDADDY G1 SERIES FIXED BLADE MACHETE
GranDaddy G1 Series Fixed Blade Machete
- Handle: Black micarta
- Blade Steel: 8670M high carbon steel
- Hardness: RC 62, tapers to RC 50 at the tip of the blade
- Overall Length: 16.875
- Handle Length: 5.75"
- Weight: Knife - 15 oz., Sheath 6.4 oz.
- Blade Thickness: .095-.105
- Black micarta handle for a secure, all-conditions grip.
- Full tang, deferentially heat-treated blade that can bend up to 90 degrees without fracturing.
- Blade cut from reclaimed carbon metal sawmill blades for superior capability that's also environmentally friendly.
- Custom-designed quick thumb lock-and-release mechanism.
- Comfort belt clip along with an adjustable, webbed nylon leg strap.
Southern Grind Grandaddy G!
Posted by Gilmore on Jul 12th 2018
The G1 is an extremely well crafted tool.
The steel is top notch and Southern Grind finishes the blade hair shaving sharp.
The Kydex sheath is one of the best for a knife of this size and allows quick access and is light weight.
Early G1 models have a slick smooth micarta handle which has very little traction. Other than that this is a fine crafted tool I highly recommend.