Ghost Inc Blog
It is important for everyone to know how their guns work. This is the best way to keep them both safe and effective. One of the major advantages of a Glock is that there are fewer parts than other firearms. This means that users are able to take apart a Glock and put it back together with ease. Mastering this process is an important part of keeping it clean. One of the most important parts of a Glock handgun is the baseplate. With the right baseplate, users can enhance their experience, making their firearms more reliable.
What Is a Glock Baseplate?
The baseplate of a Glock is located on the magazine. The magazine is the cartridge that is removed and reinserted when the gun is fired and reloaded. The magazine goes into the handle of the Glock, providing a fresh set of cartridges to be fired.
The baseplate is located at the bottom of the magazine. When users ram the magazine into the handle, they are making contact with the baseplate. The baseplate plays an important role in the reloading and firing speed of a Glock. Therefore, it is important to keep a few important points in mind when it comes to a Glock handgun.
The Impact of Gun Baseplates
Why does the baseplate of a Glock matter? After all, guns come with baseplates, so aren’t these the best ones? They might be right for some people; however, they aren’t necessarily the best option for everyone. There are a few ways that gun baseplates can impact the experience of the user. These include:
- Durability: Some gun baseplates are simply not durable. In some situations, the baseplates might actually fly off of the magazine. Then, the spring might follow suit and the bullets fly everywhere. The result is a gun that simply does not work. For a gun to work as a self-defense tool, this cannot happen.
- Function: The spring has to be strong enough to push the round into the chamber. The springs are usually designed for a specific type of magazine. Anyone who messes with the length of the magazine has to think about the baseplate as well. If the magazine length gets longer, the spring has to get longer as well. Otherwise, the tension will not be spring enough to load the next bullet.
- Reloading Speed: There are certain baseplates that are simply more ergonomic than the rest. Some baseplates have been designed with geometric curves that allow for a more natural grip on the end of the magazine. This can lead to a smoother reloading experience, making it easier for users to reload their Glocks.
- Weight: Some people might be surprised to feel the weight of a baseplate. The goal of a Glock is to be light, preventing user fatigue. With the right baseplate, the weight of a Glock can be kept to a minimum. This can prevent users from getting tired.
These are a few of the most important factors that play a role in the reliability of a baseplate.
Options for Gun Baseplates
Those who want to make a switch in the baseplate of their Glock need to know about some of the options that might be available. These include:
- Metal Gun Baseplates: One of the first options is a metal baseplate. This is one of the strongest options but is also one of the heaviest. It might lead to fatigue.
- Anodized Gun Baseplates: These are baseplates that have been made with metal but have been anodized to reduce their weight and resist corrosion.
- Extended Gun Baseplates: Those who are looking for a baseplate for an extended magazine will want to look at this specific option to ensure the spring still works.
- MOAB Gun Baseplates: One of the most popular options is a MOAB baseplate. This has been designed to maximize reloading speed and minimize fatigue.
Find the Right Baseplate
This is a brief overview of gun baseplates and how they work with respect to a Glock handgun. Users should not be afraid to take a look at the baseplate of a Glock and think about customizing it to meet their needs. There are plenty of baseplate options out there and users simply need to find the right baseplate for them. With the correct baseplate, guns can be reloaded quicker, safety can be improved, and the firing rate can be increased. To find the right baseplate, take a look at the options from Ghost, Inc., one of the leaders in the world of Glock accessories, modifications, and upgrades!
Glock Parts and Handgun Accessories by Ghost Inc
The world's best Glock triggers, Glock connectors and Glock parts and accessories
While there are lots of handguns from which people can choose, one of the most common is Glocks. While Glocks haven’t always been the most popular handgun on the open market, they have become one of the most popular selections of gun owners during the past few years. One of the biggest reasons why is [...]
Here is a great podcast from 2018 with Arthur Viani, founder and owner of Ghost Inc. We broke some news on this episode. Ghost is working on an AK trigger, which Arthur said will have an MSRP of less than $50. We also talk about his line of Glock parts. https://www.stitcher.com/podcast/gatehouse-media/t... Take a listen and enjoy! Glock Parts and [...]
Those who are looking for a high-quality handgun have probably heard about the Glock pistols. Today, Glock is known as America’s handgun. They have been on the market for decades in the United States and are used by police forces and militaries all over the world. They have a reputation for being reliable, lightweight, and [...]
There are plenty of people who are looking to invest in a simple, reliable handgun. Without a doubt, one of the most popular options that rise right to the top of the list is Glock handguns. Some people are even asking why Glocks are so popular? Today, Glock is known to be American’s handgun; however, [...]
While Glock handguns were first designed for the Austrian army, it did not take them long to arrive in the United States and become the standard-bearer for pistols in this country. Used by police forces and military units of all kinds, Glocks are known for their stability, reliability, and light overall weight. One of the [...]
Today, Glocks are known as America’s handguns. This means that many people have taken the time to research as much as they can about this reliable, unique, and powerful pistol. While most people know that Glocks are made from a unique plastic that makes them lighter than traditional steel revolvers, there are still a few [...]
There are few who would argue that Glock has become the most popular handgun model in the United States. Since the 1990's, Glock has come to dominate the market with its revolutionary design, capped off by its unique plastic mold that makes it incredibly lightweight and easy to fire, improving its accuracy. Since that time, [...]
The gun industry has seen a tremendous amount of evolution over the years. Today, Glock simply dominates the handgun industry in the United States. For those wondering why Glock is so popular, the answer is that Glock technology is simply better than its competitors. At the same time, many gun owners and enthusiasts would like [...]
In the world of firearms, when all is said and done, the only thing that truly matters is the accuracy of the weapon. No matter how cool a gun is, or how hard it shoots, or how far it shoots, or how fast it shoots, none of it matters unless the bullet hits the target. [...]