PLUS 6 MOAB FOR GLOCKS - BLACK
PLUS 6 MOAB (Mother Of All Baseplates)
FOR GLOCKS GEN 1-5 IN BLACK
MORE BULLETS MORE LIFE
- Adds 6 Rounds to 9mm and 5 rounds to .40acp 7 .357 Glock's Magazines!
- Works on 19X, 17, 17L, 22, 24, 31, 34, 35, 37 & 45
- Stainless steel extra power magazine spring included
- Rounded ergo design
- Positive mag seating
- Extraction Traction Points
- Debris extraction ports
- Superior tough construction
- No more painful corner spikes in your palm
- Ghost unconditional lifetime warranty!
The Ghost MOAB magazine extension for Glock factory 17 9mm/15 .40 S&W round magazines consists of 4 items 3 of which make up the magazine extension assembly;
- The Sleeve-the rectangular piece that you may look through-Assembly
- The MOAB Spring-the coil stainless steel spring that powers the extension-Assembly
- The MOAB Base-the MOAB that inserts into the sleeve-Assembly
- The Disassembly Tool-if ever needed to disassemble the assembly.
Prior to installation of Ghost MOAB magazine extension, you must remove the (1) existing magazine baseplate (2) magazine baseplate insert, (3) the magazine spring and (4) remove the follower from the spring, you will reuse only (4) the follower. Place the unused parts in suitable storage container and label them for possible future use-Caution the contents are under the pressure of the magazine spring, eye protection must be worn when manipulating springs.
Note: Once removed you may want to consider cleaning the magazine body.
- Slide the Sleeve part number one (1) with the shortest side oriented along the rear of the magazine until it can go no further.
- Attach the spring into the follower you removed from the host magazine. You will notice that the spring is not symmetrical there is a large end (bottom) and a small end (top). This small end snaps into the follower (if it does not completely snap in you may still install the follower partially on the spring after a loading it will seat onto the spring). Now with the follower attached to the spring insert them all into the magazine until you see the follower is at the limit of it’s travel in the magazine. There will be many coils extending below the sleeve.
- Grip the magazine body firmly so that you can push down on the installed MOAB Sleeve (1) towards the bottom of the magazine. This downward pressure will aid in locking the MOAB Base (3) into the sleeve when you join them.
- With the MOAB Base (3) use it to capture the large end or bottom of the spring.
- Push the MOAB Base (3) with the MOAB spring (2) into the MOAB Sleeve (1) until it locks, it should make snapping sound-you’re done!
- To remove reverse the process. To remove the base, you will need the tool and a pair of pliers or channel locks to compress the disassembly tool enough to unlock the base. We designed these to stay on!!
Posted by firstname.lastname@example.org on May 23rd 2019
Easy to attach. the +5 rounds it brings to my Glock are a welcome addition. Plus it just looks cool
Posted by email@example.com on May 7th 2019
As of now I can only get 22 rounds in these plus 6 for now. 23 is stupid tight. But IMO that is a good thing. Means the spring is strong. Hopefully I will be able to get 23 rounds in them after a few cycles. But if not I’m good with 22. Will be ordering more.
Best I’ve tried so far
Posted by peliparius on Feb 21st 2019
I primarily run .40sw so mag extensions haven’t been as beneficial, or in some cases even worth the bother (it’s tough justifying 20 bucks for +1). Generally looking at +2 for the same price as +3 in 9mm. Maybe it’s cuz my parents were tight-asses but it bugs me only getting 66% of the increase (I totally understand the geometry of the situation, just jealous I guess).
I never tried the MOAB baseplate standalone; I lean towards concealed/streamlined. That was my only reservation w/these, that they’d be ungainly or just too big. But in the end I couldn’t resist the stats (5:6 I can live with).
These have been great so far. Positive engagement of clip. Haven’t had to slam full mags. No misfeeds. Tried on both Glock OEM .40 mags, the 15 & 22rd. Got +5 on both, using SIG 165gr JHP, WIN WB 165gr and 180gr HP. And some old PMC Bronze 180gr. Common shtuff, all good.
Yeah they do add some bulk but they take a regular mag up from 15-20rds with a minimum of bulk and works well aesthetically too. I recommend
Posted by R P on Feb 17th 2019
It is easy to install. The spring tension is strong and you will need a loading tool to get the last round into the magazine. After one or two load if’s it was loosen up and not need the tool.
The only disadvantage I can see is removal of the parts. A video or photos showing how to remove using the tool would be helpful. Your photos show two types of magazines, one with a space and one without a space where it snaps in.
The one with the space is the same as the 6 Moab and not sure if your tool goes into that space or over the snapped in part. Thus the need for actual removal photos.
Great mag bases
Posted by Unknown on Feb 17th 2019
I ran numerous rounds they these mag bases with no issues. I liked the look and function so much that they are now my full time duty carry mags/bases. Great job Ghost Team.